Despite the lip service they get from industry analysts and other experts, comprehensive data governance plans have yet to take hold at most organizations.
According to Jill Dyché, partner and co-founder of Baseline Consulting, the prospect of applying business and ownership rules to data enterprise-wide is simply too daunting for many executives and IT pros alike.
SearchDataManagement.com recently spoke with Dyché at the TDWI World Conference in Las Vegas to get her advice for overcoming those fears and tips for starting a data governance plan.
In this five-minute video, appropriate for both business and IT professionals, listeners will:
- Learn the state of data governance at most organizations today (0:05).
- Find out what's holding back most organizations from taking on data governance (0:45).
- Find out how data governance – or a lack thereof – affects business intelligence capabilities (1:42).
- Learn the difference between data governance and business intelligence governance, and how the two relate to each other (3:00).
- Get practical advice for first steps in a data governance initiative and where to find resources to help. (4:25).
About the speaker: Jill Dyché is a partner and co-founder of Baseline Consulting. She is responsible for key client strategies and market analysis in the areas of data governance, business intelligence, master data management, and customer relationship management.
|For more data governance news and advice|
Learn why data governance is an essential first step to any data governance is an essential first step to any successful master data management initiative.
Read how a data governance committee helped Blue Cross improve customer data. helped Blue Cross improve customer data.</</p>
Listen to experts from Ventana Research reveal experts from Ventana Research reveal cutting edge trends in data governance.
Find out how data governance impacts unstructured data.