Master data management (MDM) programs differ greatly between organizations. The MDM implementation style depends greatly on an organization's core business, corporate structure and goals, experts say. At a high level, experts generally agree that there are three distinct styles of MDM, which require different best practices and technology tools. Learn more about these three styles of master data management, often referred to as operational, analytical and enterprise MDM.
In this 10-minute podcast, appropriate for IT and business professionals, listeners will:
- Learn more about operational, analytical and enterprise MDM and find out how to determine which style may be right for an organization
- Find out how to get started with each of these styles, including the most important steps to take before evaluating MDM systems
- Hear "worst practices" and common mistakes to avoid when implementing any of these styles of MDM
About the expert speaker: Rick Sherman is the founder of Athena IT Solutions, a Boston-based consulting firm that provides data warehouse, business intelligence and data management consulting, training and vendor services. In addition to over 20 years in the business, Sherman is also a published author of many articles, an industry speaker, a judge for industry awards and an expert and frequent contributor to SearchDataManagement.com. Sherman can be found blogging at The Data Doghouse and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org See a complete list of Sherman's articles on SearchDataManagement.com here.
|Understanding master data management (MDM) implementation styles|
You must have Adobe Flash Player 7 or above to view this content.See https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer to download now.
Download for later:
Understanding master data management implementation styles
• Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
• Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
|More on master data management:|
- Learn how Gartner recommends evangelizing master data management to executives and business stakeholders
- Get analyst tips for building a business case for master data management
- Find out why Gartner and Forrester say to approach master data management technology purchases with caution
- Read a chapter from a book about master data management, covering MDM implementation guidelines