Is your organization embarking on or planning a master data management (MDM) initiative? The MDM requirements gathering...
process is a critical first step, but making sure that you get all the business and technical information you need during that process is often easier said than done.
To help you with the MDM requirements gathering process and provide you with best-practices advice and tips that you can use to ensure a successful MDM implementation, we spoke with MDM expert Evan Levy, partner and co-founder of Baseline Consulting, a technology and management consulting firm specializing in business analytics and data integration.
In this 18-minute podcast, listeners will learn:
- The key differences between requirements gathering for business intelligence (BI) projects and MDM projects (0:45)
- The breadth of MDM requirements that companies should gather and the critical items that need to be covered during the requirements gathering process (4:48)
- The special skills that an MDM requirements gathering team needs to have to begin a successful MDM initiative (15:00)
- How to give your business the best chance for MDM implementation success through the requirement gathering stage (17:00)
Download for later:
- Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
- Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
Related resources on master data management (MDM):
- Read expert Jill Dyché's advice about master data management or ask Jill a question yourself
- Get best-practices advice on change management for MDM initiatives
- Find out how to build an MDM project plan for manufacturing
- Learn about the top 13 MDM buzzwords and definitions
About the speaker: Evan Levy is a partner and co-founder of Baseline Consulting, a technology and management consulting firm specializing in business analytics and data integration. Evan is actively involved in guiding projects and delivering solutions to Baseline's Fortune 1000 family of clients and has delivered data integration strategies at companies like Microsoft, American Express and Verizon. Considered an industry leader on the topic of data integration and management, Evan advises vendors and venture capital firms on new and emerging product strategies. He is a faculty member of The Data Warehousing Institute and a contributor to several leading industry publications and portals. Evan also writes the Inside IT blog on Baseline's website. He is co-author of the book Customer Data Integration: Reaching a Single Version of the Truth, which was the first book published on the topic of MDM.