|Mark Smith, CEO of research, Ventana Research|
Master data management (MDM) gets a lot of lip service for its potential to greatly improve the quality of business...
information, increase customer satisfaction, and support financial reporting, business intelligence and regulatory compliance.
But, how many companies are actually doing master data management successfully -- and how are they measuring their MDM success?
Ventana Research recently surveyed hundreds of companies to reveal the trends in enterprise master data management. In this podcast, we explore some of the results of that study with Mark Smith, chief executive officer and executive vice president of research with San Mateo, Calif.-based Ventana Research.
In this podcast about master data management trends, you will:
- Learn how companies are using master data management, what business benefits it's giving them and how they're monitoring and measuring the success of their MDM programs
- Find out how companies are using packaged software and get tips for evaluating master data management technology and vendors
- Learn the role and importance of business processes and data governance in a master data management program
- Get study statistics and analyst advice that can support the process of building a business case for master data management
Listen as we discuss the results of a Ventana Research survey, which revealed new information about master data management in the enterprise. Ventana Research's Mark Smith discusses master data management trends and how early adopters are using MDM -- and he offers some advice for MDM initiatives..
Download for later:
- Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
- Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
About the featured expert: Mark Smith is the chief executive officer and executive vice president of research for San Mateo, Calif.-based Ventana Research. For the 2006 MDM study, the analyst firm surveyed 515 business and IT professionals, the majority from businesses with revenues of more than $100 million in 2005.
- Seven MDM best practices
Master data management's early adopters share best practices and potential pitfalls.
- Building a business case for master data management
When you want funding for master data management (MDM), it's all in how you ask.
- Getting started with master data management
Expert Cliff Longman explains what you need to know before embarking on a master data management (MDM) initiative.
- Is MDM all hype?
The new emphasis on master data management (MDM) technology isn't resonating with everyone. Does MDM really warrant the hype?
- Strategy, skills keys for CDI-MDM success
The chairman of a new CDI-MDM summit told attendees to protect their people, shrewdly evaluate commercial offerings and avoid "repaving the cow path."