CouchDB is an open source NoSQL database based on common standards to facilitate Web accessibility and compatibility with a variety of devices.
CouchDB features include:
- Easy cross server replication through instances.
- Support for conflict resolution, master set up.
- Subscribable data feed updates.
- Quick indexing and search and retrieval.
- RESTful Web interface.
- Documents are accessible through browsers and indices can be queried through HTTP.
- Simple document create, read, update, delete (CRUD) operations.
- Advanced MapReduce.