DB2 for OS/390 and z/OS is a viable DBMS/platform for implementing SAP. It should perform quite admirably.
SAP designed their application to work with multiple DBMSs. DB2 will work every bit as well as Oracle. In fact, IBM DB2 is SAP's preferred DBMS platform, so DB2 on OS/390 will work great for you.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough DB2 questions from Craig Mullins are available.
- The Best IBM DB2 Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have a DB2 tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical DB2 questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on IBM DB2 management
Related Q&A from Craig S. Mullins
Our expert suggests that the best way to pass the SAP BW exam is to have hands-on job experience. But that's not all he has to say about ... Continue Reading
To export data from a DB2 table to a flat file, you need to run an export specifying the proper file format. The export utility exports data from a ... Continue Reading
Craig Mullins recommends two specific resources for learning how to create and support Binary Large Objects (BLOB) in DB2. Continue Reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.