This article is part of an Essential Guide, our editor-selected collection of our best articles, videos and other content on this topic. Explore more in this guide:
3. - Expert insight on NoSQL software, relational databases and big data: Read more in this section
- Relational and NoSQL database debate not always an either-or choice
- User: Big data demands put NoSQL technology in play for Oracle shops
- Big data projects get support from combination of data platforms
- Spotlight on NoSQL database technology with MongoDB CEO
Explore other sections in this guide:
MongoDB CEO sheds light on NoSQL database technologyDate: Sep 26, 2013
SAN FRANCISCO -- NoSQL databases and other big data technologies have been getting increased attention of late as organizations struggle to turn various forms -- and vast amounts -- of quickly accumulating data into real business intelligence, and that intelligence into action.
Schireson explained that NoSQL databases, which are very different from relational databases, are also considerably different from one another. That's why businesses need to choose carefully when considering a big data initiative. He also discussed some of the latest enhancements to MongoDB and the movement to make NoSQL tools more user-friendly for administrators.