For almost two decades, data management professionals have gathered annually at the Data Management Association (DAMA) International Symposium to discuss technology, techniques and trends. DAMA is a not-for-profit association based in Bellevue, Wash. with regional chapters around the world.
About 1,000 attendees met in Boston this year for the five-day event, according to John Schley, DAMA International president and a senior IT data modeler analyst at Des Moines, Iowa-based Principal Financial Group, Inc. Throughout the conference, SearchDataManagement recorded exclusive, on-site interviews with speakers and end-users.
In this 20-minute podcast, appropriate for business or technical users, learn more about the trends shaping data management industry from experienced professionals.
- Listen to an exclusive follow-up interview with keynote speaker Jill Dyche about service-oriented architectures, data-as-a-service and other key data management trends
- Learn why data management professionals attended the DAMA conference -- and hear what they got out of the event
- Hear the "fastest human data mapper" talk about how he got the title, the process of data mapping -- and why he's so good at it
- Find out what Schley, DAMA International president, took away from the event, learn why it's so important for data management professionals to collaborate -- and find out what DAMA's plans are this year
Download for later:
- Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
- Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
- Learn five trends in data management from coverage of expert Jill Dyche's keynote address at this year's DAMA International Symposium
Jill Dyche, keynote speaker at the annual DAMA conference, called this "the decade of the data steward" and outlined five trends changing the industry.
- Find out what attendees said about industry trends at last year's Data Management Association (DAMA) International Symposium
Semantics, universal data models, and compliance are transforming data management, according to data professionals at a recent Data Management Association (DAMA) event.
Hear a podcast about data governance trends from Gwen Thomas, a presenter at the 2007 Data Management Association (DAMA) International Symposium
Data governance helps companies comply with regulatory requirements and avoid costly data breaches -- but it's easier said than done. Learn about data governance trends and techniques with author Gwen Thomas.
- Read more about the data management body of knowledge and other DAMA projects in an interview with Deborah Henderson, DAMA Foundation president
Deborah Henderson was elected the new president of the Data Management Association (DAMA) Foundation in July 2006.