Software as a Service (SaaS) data integration is an emerging technology that some companies are turning to in an effort to solve their data integration challenges and problems. But is SaaS data integration right for your business, or is traditional on-premise data integration software a better fit?
To get you on the right track with SaaS data integration technology, we spoke with Rick Sherman, founder of Athena IT Solutions, on the current and future state of SaaS integration, how it compares to on-premise data integration technology, and more. Learn about the pros and cons of different approaches to SaaS and on-premise data integration, including on-premise vs. hosted middleware and internal integration vs. hiring a services provider. Also, get an expert take on the types of SaaS integration tools that are available and the key questions you should ask vendors.
In this 12-minute podcast, listeners will:
- Learn about the current state of SaaS data integration technology, including its maturity level and how it compares to on-premise integration software (1:06)
- Find out if SaaS data integration is still geared to small and midsized businesses or if enterprises can also benefit from the technology (3:25)
- Hear about the pros and cons of using SaaS integration tools instead of on-premise software and some key items to consider when deciding which to go with (5:18)
- Learn whether their data integration work should be conducted by an internal team or outsourced to an integration services provider (6:36)
- Hear key questions to ask SaaS data integration vendors during the software evaluation phase of an implementation (7:47)
- Other SaaS data integration concepts and things to consider (9:14)
Download for later:
- Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
- Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
About the speaker: Rick Sherman is the founder of Athena IT Solutions, a Stow, Mass.-based consulting firm that provides data warehouse and business intelligence consulting, training and vendor services. In addition to having more than 20 years of experience in the IT business, Sherman is the published author of more than 50 articles, an industry speaker, an Information Management Innovative Solution Awards judge and an expert contributor to both SearchBusinessAnalytics.com and SearchDataManagement.com. He can be found blogging at The Data Doghouse and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more application and data integration news and best-practices advice:
Brush up on your integration technology terminology with our top eight data and application definitions and buzzwords
This was first published in March 2010