Most professionals want to advance their careers – and IBM DB2 professionals are no exception. As technology changes, it's logical to assume that practitioners should update their resumes to stay competitive. Even professionals armed with years of hands-on experience can benefit from specific DB2 certifications, according to Roger Sanders, author of DB2 9 Fundamentals Certification Study Guide. Certified IBM DB2 9 professionals have...
an advantage over non-certified individuals when it comes to getting a job, Sanders said.
To find out more, SearchDataManagement.com spoke with Sanders to hear why he thinks IBM DB2 certifications are worth it.
This 20-minute podcast is relevant to those seeking more information about DB2 9 certifications, as well as to those who are already certified, but who wish to strengthen their resumé with additional certifications. Listeners will:
- Learn about the IBM DB2 9 certification process
- Hear how IBM DB2 9 certifications compare to job experience – and whether certifications are worth it for industry veterans
- Get information about the potential benefits – both personal, professional and financial-- of IBM DB2 certifications
- Find out what an IBM DB2 9 certification really means to an employer and which ones are hot in the job market today
- Learn whether it's beneficial to get multiple IBM DB2 certifications
Download for later:
- Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
- Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
About the speaker:
Roger E. Sanders, President of Roger Sanders Enterprises, Inc. is a Consulting Corporate Systems Engineer with EMC. He has been designing and developing databases and database applications for more than 20 years and has been working with DB2 9 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows and its predecessors since it was first introduced on the IBM PC (as part of OS/2 1.3 Extended Edition). He has written articles for IDUG Solutions Journal and Certification Magazine, authored DB2 tutorials for IBM's developerWorks Web site, presented at several International DB2 User's Group (IDUG) and regional DB2 User's Group (RUG) conferences, taught classes on DB2 Family Fundamentals and DB2 Database Administration, and is the author of 16 books on DB2 .
For more on data management careers:
- A guide to the IBM DB2 9 Fundamentals certification exam
- IBM DB2 9 Fundamentals certification (Exam 730): Sample test questions
- Business intelligence jobs and certification trends, with Jennifer Hay
- Information architect: Career path, skills and experience
- Data management jobs are out there, but many don't know it