Data quality management is not a new problem -- but some organizations have discovered new methods for managing...
the many technologies and processes required to keep enterprise data clean, complete and current. While past efforts often centered on periodic batch data cleansing activities, experts now say that data quality management must be an ongoing, enterprise-wide discipline to be truly effective. But how does an organization develop a strategy, calculate ROI, get funding, build a team, choose data quality remediation software tools -- and maintain a long-term, enterprise-wide program?
To learn more about how to develop and maintain an enterprise-wide data quality strategy, SearchDataManagement talked to internationally-recognized expert Larry English, founder of Brentwood, Tenn.-based Information Impact International and developer of the Total Information Quality Management (TIQM) methodology.
In this 40-minute podcast, appropriate for both business and technical staff, listeners will:
- Hear English's expert recommendations and learn best practices for how to get started with an enterprise-wide data quality initiative.
- Find out how to calculate the return on investment (ROI), build a business case and get funding for enterprise-wide data quality management.
- Get more information about three of the essential components of an enterprise-wide data quality program.
- Learn how to structure enterprise data quality teams and find out what skill sets are necessary for success.
- Find out how to maintain enterprise data quality management programs -- and learn what common pitfalls to avoid.
About the featured expert
Larry English is an internationally-recognized speaker, educator, author and consultant in knowledge management and information quality improvement. His company, Information Impact International, provides consulting and education for information quality and a variety of related disciplines. Larry developed the Total Information Quality Management (TIQM) methodology applying Kaizen(r) quality principles to information quality management. He chairs Information Quality Conferences around the world, and conceived of and co-founded the International Association for Information and Data Quality (IAIDQ).
|Developing and maintaining an enterprise data quality management strategy, with Larry English|
You must have Adobe Flash Player 7 or above to view this content.See http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer to download now.
Download for later:
How to develop and maintain an enterprise data quality management strategy, with Larry English
• Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
• Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
|For more on data quality management:|
- Listen to another podcast with Larry English about data quality management trends
Data quality tools and processes have changed dramatically. In this podcast, renowned expert Larry English provides timely advice for your data quality strategy.
- Read how Gartner ranked data quality management software tool vendors in its Magic Quadrant The leaders in the data quality tools market are beefing up their international offerings and focusing on real-time monitoring, according to Gartner's Magic Quadrant.
- Pose your own data quality management question to a SearchDataManagement.com expert Ask the Experts is the place to get your strategy and implementation questions answered by some of the leading authorities in the data management field.
- Check out a case study about how one company implemented data quality management for over 40 terabytes of data Intellidyn houses a huge consumer information repository, and must match and update millions of records quickly. It had a lot to consider when upgrading its data quality system.
- Learn how to create a culture of data stewardship Experts say data stewardship isn't a working habit for many employees. Find out how one company changed the culture of its organization with training and internal marketing.