Data stewardship has evolved into a discrete responsibility at many organizations, according to expert Jill Dyché. Companies are increasingly putting data stewardship teams in place as part of an overall data governance and data quality management program. Listen to this expert podcast to learn:
- How data stewardship fits into an overall data governance and data quality management program.
- Suggested roles and responsibilities of data stewards and examples of how data stewardship programs work at other companies.
- How to effectively structure data stewardship programs -- and whether business or IT should lead (and fund) the initiative.
- More information about the technology tools and processes required to support data stewardship programs.
Download for later:
- Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
- Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
About the speaker: Jill Dyché is an internationally recognized author, speaker and
business consultant. She is partner and co-founder of Baseline Consulting, a professional services
firm concentrating on enterprise data issues. Dyché's first book, e-Data, has been published
in six languages. She is a contributor to Impossible Data Warehouse Situations: Solutions from
the Experts (Addison Wesley, 2002), and her book The CRM Handbook is the bestseller on
the topic of CRM. Dyché's latest book, Customer Data Integration: Reaching a Single Version of
the Truth, co-authored with Baseline's Evan Levy, shows the business breakthroughs achieved with
integrated customer data and explains how to make customer data integration (CDI) work. The book
features case studies from Royal Bank of Canada, Intuit, AARP, Overstock.com and Amgen, among
More data quality, governance and stewardship information:
- Learn how vendors ranked in Gartner's data quality management software Magic Quadrant
- In this podcast, hear how a data quality assessment helps identify and fix data quality problems
- Find out why master data management (MDM) must start with data governance
- Read about data governance and data stewardship strategies and best practices
For more data management podcasts Check out the SearchDataManagement podcast library, featuring podcasts about master data management, data quality, data integration, business intelligence and more
This was first published in July 2008