This article is part of an Essential Guide, our editor-selected collection of our best articles, videos and other content on this topic. Explore more in this guide:
2. - Data virtualization in the field: Read more in this section
- Benefits of data virtualization technology: Improved decision making
- Pfizer finds answer to data integration issues in virtualization tools
- Data virtualization software expedites chip development for Qualcomm
- Charity uses data virtualization tools to aid in efforts to help children
- Insurance provider chooses Informatica data virtualization software
Explore other sections in this guide:
Compassion International Inc., a Christian nonprofit group, is using data virtualization software to help it provide food, education and other services to children in need from around the globe.
Sargent explained why the large charitable organization, which matches donors with needy children through a 1-on-1 sponsorship program, turned to data virtualization tools from Composite Software, a company recently acquired by networking giant Cisco Systems Inc.
Sargent also talked about some of the challenges associated with running a large nonprofit and how data virtualization is helping. Finally, Sargent had some sage advice for anyone considering a data virtualization initiative.