When Congress passed the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (referred to as SOX or Sarbox) there weren't many software packages that could assist organizations in meeting compliance requirements, according to analysts and experts.
Today, the market has changed. Organizations looking to lower compliance costs and simplify processes have to navigate a wide variety of SOX compliance software and technology to find the best solution for their needs. But more options often lead to more questions about evaluating and implementing the software -- as well as understanding what exactly the different kinds of technology can do. That's why SearchDataManagement.com turned to Michael Rasmussen, founder of Corporate Integrity LLC, for advice.
SearchDataManagement.com spoke with Rasmussen to find out how software may help organizations more efficiently meet SOX compliance requirements. In this 10-minute podcast appropriate for business, finance or IT professionals, listeners will:
- Get an overview of SOX compliance requirements and hear how organizations' approach to meeting requirements has changed
- Find out which three SOX compliance requirements are the most challenging for many companies
- Learn best practices for choosing SOX compliance software
- Get project management tips for starting or expanding a SOX compliance software implementation, and insight into how long implementations may take
- Learn how to measure the ROI of SOX compliance software
Download for later:
- Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
- Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
About the speaker: Rasmussen is the founder of Corporate Integrity LLC, a leader in education, research, analysis and advisory services monitoring the challenges and trends of the business roles accountable for corporate GRC. He is noted for being the first analyst to define and model the GRC market for products and professional services. With more than 15 years of experience, Rasmussen's objective is to assist organizations in defining GRC processes that are sustainable, consistent, efficient and transparent.
More information about Sarbanes-Oxley software and compliance:
- Ask Michael Rasmussen a Sarbanes-Oxley software or compliance question
- Listen to a governance, risk and compliance (GRC) software podcast with Michael to learn GRC trends and best practices
- Read about Sarbanes-Oxley four years later, and how GRC now demands a comprehensive approach
- Get expert Sarbanes-Oxley compliance advice about the debate between spreadsheets and GRC technology
- Take a Sarbanes-Oxley compliance quiz to see how SOX savvy you really are