Session one: Innovative technology for leveraging enterprise data: How new technology can transform your BI-PM strategy
New technologies and applications can help organizations truly "work smarter, not harder." Many innovative technologies for BI and PM have emerged recently – and many are simple to integrate into your current system (you might even have them already!). In this session:
- Learn more about how to leverage the latest BI-PM technologies to support your strategy.
- Get the real facts on self-service BI, location intelligence, search, Web 2.0 collaboration tools and techniques, smart dashboards, mobile access and delivery for Apple iPhone and RIM Blackberry, planning and modeling – and many more.
- See demonstrations, use cases with real ROI and find out how to implement these new technologies quickly and effectively.
Session two: Enterprise data integration strategies for BI systems: New tactical approaches to integration challenges
This session is designed for those planning to integrate many data sources into a BI system -- or hoping to better integrate BI and other enterprise applications. Find out why a data integration strategy for BI today can go far beyond ETL -- and learn how to incorporate technologies such as web services, data virtualization, data quality and more. In short, find out how to integrate and design BI systems for maximum performance and results. In this session:
- Learn more about leveraging data from CRM, ERP and other enterprise systems -- and hear how operational BI initiatives will impact integration efforts.
- Find out about how to integrate data, events and even unstructured content into rich information with maximum BI value.
- Get insight into how integration technology can support your software as a service and cloud computing efforts and where Open Source is supporting integration.
- Hear more about when and how to use architectures like SOA and learn how technology like MDM and on-demand integration technologies like EII and data federation can support your short and long -term efforts to build a solid foundation for your business.
Session three: Inexpensive but capable BI and PM technology – from open source to software as a service, find out how to navigate and evaluate the options
If you're still recovering from BI-PM "sticker shock," here's your antidote. Learn more about open-source, software as a service, inexpensive add-ons and other cost-effective commercial on-premise technologies that provide a way to start or expand a BI-PM implementation. Whether you're just starting out, considering a migration toward open source or seeking a solution for a department or business unit – this session will give you a firsthand look at how you can get started with BI-PM quickly and with minimal upfront costs. In this session:
- See how open source and SaaS technologies have evolved,
- Learn more about leveraging your spreadsheets in a safe and secure manner and find out how they compare to other enterprise and desktop offerings
- Find out what you need to know before moving forward with these approaches.
Take part in a candid discussion with Mark Smith and Rick Sherman, along with leading BI and data management software vendors, and get valuable insight about the present and future of BI development. Forget fluff – because no questions are off limits as we put aside "conventional wisdom" about BI and ask tough questions about whether BI is really developing in the right direction to cost-effectively help organizations meet their goals.
Mark is responsible for the overall direction of Ventana Research and drives the global research agenda covering both business and technology areas. He defined the blueprint for Information Management and Performance Management as the linking together of people, processes, information and technology across organizations to drive effective results. Mark is an expert in technology for business from Performance Management, Business Intelligence, Analytics to Information Management across finance, operations and IT. As an industry veteran with more than 22 years of experience, Mark worked at companies including SAP, META Group, Oracle and IRI Software before founding Ventana Research. He has experience across major industries including banking, consumer products, food and beverage, insurance, manufacturing, pharmaceutical and retail and consumer services.
Rick has over twenty years of data warehousing, data integration and business intelligence experience. He has been designing and implementing relational databases for over 25 years. He has worked on dozens of DW/BI projects across many industries. Rick provides consulting to both companies implementing BI solutions and the vendors marketing those solutions. Through his writing, teaching and consulting, Rick is a well-known and respected thought leader in the industry. Rick's background includes a unique mix of software engineering, IT, project management, people management and consulting, which enables him to view BI/DW from various sides of the table.
What is a virtual seminar?
The Leveraging Enterprise Data Virtual Seminar takes place entirely online, in a virtual conference setting. Upon registering, IT and LOB pros will have complete access to every booth on the virtual show floor.
You can move freely around the environment: attending sessions, networking with peers, visiting vendors, downloading product materials and content assets. You can even pose your most pressing questions directly to experts and vendors in a live Q&A session or strike up solution based conversations with sales reps in the various virtual vendor booths.